Certificate III in Food Processing
Program - FBP30121 Certificate III in Food Processing
This qualification reflects the role of individuals working as operators in a food processing environment who have responsibility for overseeing all or part of a processing plant and related equipment. They are required to work autonomously, use judgement, interpret information, and apply solutions to routine and some non-routine problems. They may also take some responsibility for the output of others.
- All work must be carried out to comply with workplace procedures, in accordance with state/territory food safety, and work health and safety codes, regulations and legislation that apply to the workplace.
The following requirements need to be met prior to acceptance into this program:
- LLN requirements – students will undertake a brief LLN test to ensure they have the capacity to learn their trade and complete all course requirements including assessments
- Valid USI number
To achieve this qualification, competency must be demonstrated in 17 units of competency consisting of:
- FBPWHS3001 Contribute to work health and safety processes
- BSBOPS304 Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- FBPOPR2074 Carry out manual handling tasks
- FBPOPR3022 Receive and store raw materials for food processing
- FBPPPL3008 Establish compliance requirements for work area
- FBPTEC3001 Apply raw materials, ingredient and process knowledge to production problems
- TLIA0015 Organise receival and despatch operations
- FBPFSY3005 Control contaminants and allergens in food processing
- FBPOPR3021 Apply good manufacturing practice requirements in food processing
- FBPOPR3019 Operate and monitor interrelated processes in a production or packaging system
- FBPFSY3003 Monitor the implementation of food safety and quality programs
- FBPFSY3004 Participate in traceability activities
- FBPBPG2012 Operate a packaging process
- FBPBPG3002 Operate the labelling process
- FBPOPR3020 Plan, conduct and monitor equipment maintenance
- FBPOPR2095 Clean and sanitise equipment
- FBPPPL3003 Participate in improvement processes
Students who receive a competent outcome for each unit within this program will be entitled to receive FBP30121 Certificate III in Food Processing issued by Academy Green Learning..
Successful completion of FBP30121 Certificate III in Food Processing may lead to careers in the following job roles:
• Food/Beverage Production Technician/Process Worker
• Assistant Quality Officer
• Food/Beverage Quality Control Officer
- Student must be employed under a traineeship under a Training Contract.
- Access to a food processing facility with industry equipment and resources
- To be eligible for funding, the student must be a New Entrant trainee (within 3 months). To be eligible for funding, the trainee must be:
o Aged 15 years or older
o no longer at school
o living or working in NSW
o an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
This is a 12 month duration
Mode(s) of delivery
This course can be available via:
- Blended delivery
You may be assessed by any combination of the following:
- Written questions
- Practical demonstration
- Projects and assignments
- Role plays
- Case studies
- Research activities
- Portfolio of evidence
- Third party report
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
The current student fee for this course under a traineeship is $0.
For existing worker traineeships, these are not funded. For existing worker trainees or fee-for-service students, the fee will be dependent on delivery mode and other factors.
Refer to our Fees and Refunds Policy.