Certificate III in Hospitality
Program - SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who have a range of well-developed hospitality service, sales or operational skills and sound knowledge of industry operations. Using discretion and judgement, they work with some independence and under limited supervision using plans, policies and procedures to guide work activities.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multiskilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, food and beverage and gaming.
The following requirements need to be met prior to acceptance into this program:
- LLN requirements – students will undertake a brief LLN test to ensure they have the capacity to learn their trade and complete all course requirements including assessments.
- Valid USI number
To achieve this qualification, competency must be demonstrated in 15 units of competency consisting of:
- E SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- E SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
- E SITHIND001 Use hygienic practices for hospitality service
- C SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- C BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
- C SITXCOM002 Show social and cultural sensitivity
- C SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
- E SITHFAB004 Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages
- E SITHFAB005 Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- E BSBSUS201 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- E SITHFAB007 Serve food and beverage
- C SITXCCS006 Provide service to customers
- C SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service
- E SITHFAB016 Provide advice on food
- C SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills
C – Core/Mandatory unit
E – Elective unit, selected by Academy Green Learning in consultation with industry
Students who receive a COMPETENT outcome for each unit within this program will be entitled to receive SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality issued by Academy Green Learning.
Successful completion of SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality may lead to careers in the following job roles:
- Food and beverage attendant
- Espresso coffee machine operator
- Student must be employed under a traineeship under a Training Contract.
- Access to a hospitality workplace where the student will provide service to customers during service periods with industry equipment and resources.
- To be eligible for funding, the student must be a New Entrant trainee (within 3 months). To be eligible for funding, the trainee must be:
- Aged 15 years or older
- no longer at school
- living or working in NSW
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
This is a 12 month program
Mode(s) of delivery
This course can be available via:
- Blended delivery
You may be assessed by any combination of the following:
- Written questions
- Practical demonstration
- Projects and assignments
- Role plays
- Case studies
- Research activities
- Portfolio of evidence
- Third party report
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
The current student fee for this course under a traineeship is $0.
For existing worker traineeships, these are not funded. For existing worker trainees or fee-for-service students, the fee will be dependent on delivery mode and other factors.
Refer to our Fees and Refunds Policy.Enquire Now