Certificate III in Retail
Program - SIR30216 Certificate III in Retail
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who have the primary responsibility of engaging the customer, maintaining daily store operations and delivering on organisational expectations. They have sound knowledge of product and service offerings. These individuals possess a range of well-developed skills where discretion and judgement is required. They work with some independence under limited supervision. Some individuals working at this level are responsible for supervising other team members and monitoring day-to-day workplace operations.
The qualification provides a pathway to work in a diverse range of retail settings including specialty retailers, supermarkets, department stores and quick service restaurants.
Individuals with this qualification are able to perform roles such as frontline sales assistant, customer service representative, shop assistant, retail supervisor, team leader and senior sales assistant.
The following requirements need to be met prior to acceptance into this program:
- LLN requirements – students will undertake a brief LLN test to ensure they have the capacity to learn their trade and complete all course requirements including assessments.
- Valid USI number
To achieve this qualification, competency must be demonstrated in 13 units of competency consisting of:
- SIRXWHS002 Contribute to workplace health and safety
- SIRXCOM002 Work effectively in a team
- SIRXIND003 Organise personal work requirements
- SIRXIND001 Work effectively in a service environment
- SIRXIND002 Organise and maintain the store environment
- SIRXCEG001 Engage the customer
- SIRXCEG002 Assist with customer difficulties
- SIRXCEG003 Build customer relationships and loyalty
- SIRRINV001 Receive and handle retail stock
- SIRXSLS001 Sell to the retail customer
- SIRXRSK001 Identify and respond to security risks
- SIRRRTF001 Balance and secure point-of-sale terminal
- SIRRMER001 Produce visual merchandise displays
Students who receive a COMPETENT outcome for each unit within this program will be entitled to receive
SIR30216 Certificate III in Retail issued by Academy Green Learning.Enrolment NSW S&S Enrolment EFQ
Successful completion of SIR30216 Certificate III in Retail may lead to careers in the following job roles:
- Sales assistant
- Customer service assistant
- Point-of-sale operator
- Student must be employed under a traineeship under a Training Contract.
- Access to a retail workplace with industry equipment and resources.
- To be eligible for funding, the student must be a New Entrant trainee (within 3 months). To be eligible for funding, the trainee must be:
- Aged 15 years or older
- no longer at school
- living or working in NSW
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
This is a 12 month program
Mode(s) of delivery
This course can be available via:
- Blended delivery
You may be assessed by any combination of the following:
- Written questions
- Practical demonstration
- Projects and assignments
- Role plays
- Case studies
- Research activities
- Portfolio of evidence
- Third party report
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
The current student fee for this course under a traineeship is $0.
For existing worker traineeships, these are not funded. For existing worker trainees or fee-for-service students, the fee will be dependent on delivery mode and other factors.
Refer to our Fees and Refunds Policy.