NSW Smart & Skilled
What is Smart & Skilled?
Smart and Skilled provides eligible students with:
• an entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III.
• government funding for higher-level courses (Certificate IV and above) in targeted priority areas.
What does it mean for you?
The NSW Government is offering subsidised training places under the Smart and Skilled policy. Take this opportunity to get skilled, get a qualification, get work and advance your career.
You may be able to choose Government funded training based on the training that best meets your needs. The cost of funded training will be the same for equivalent qualifications in all RTOs.
You may be eligible for Smart and Skilled funding if you:
• are aged 15 years or older
• have left school
• live or work in New South Wales
• are an Australian citizen, permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
For New Entrant Traineeships, this is currently fee free.
For Existing Worker Traineeships and other funded programs, please refer to our Fees and Refunds Policy.
- BSB30120 Certificate III in Business
- BSB30120 Certificate III in Business (Customer Engagement)
- CPP30321 Certificate III in Cleaning Operations
- TLI31221 Certificate III in Driving Operations
- FBP30121 Certificate III in Food Processing
- SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality
- BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- MSM30116 Certificate III in Process Manufacturing
- SIR30216 Certificate III in Retail
- TLI30321 Certificate III in Supply Chain Operations
- CPP30719 Certificate III in Waste Management
- CPP40919 Certificate IV in Waste Management
Academy Green Learning must carry out a preliminary notification of enrolment with the NSW Department of Education which determines student eligibility and program fees. This process consists of the following:
1. We obtain the students consent to use your information for this process
2. We notify the student of any third party arrangements, if applicable
3. We use a ‘Provider Calculator’ to validate the students eligibility, and input details of any Credit Transfers or Recognition of Prior Learning. This generates details of the fee chargeable, subsidy and any loadings.
4. We generate a Notification of Enrolment Report that can be referred to where any fees or subsidy is adjusted after the Commitment ID is issued.
5. We confirm that the student has accepted a declaration confirming:
a. That all information provided by the student is true, accurate and complete
b. That this process has not concurrently been completed for the same qualification and/or same units
c. That the student is aware of any third party arrangements (if applicable)
d. That the student has been provided with details of the fee chargeable and the student information.
The Notification of Enrolment process must be completed prior to any training commencement and successfully completing the process will result in the issuance of a Commitment ID.
Once the Commitment ID is issued, the remainder of Academy Green Learning enrolment process will proceed.