Certificate IV in Waste Management
Program - CPP40919 Certificate IV in Waste Management
This qualification is for those in waste management specialisation roles in waste collection, processing, minimisation and recovery operations in supervisory, leadership or sales roles. Waste management operations are undertaken across a range of government and private sectors involved in municipal, solid, commercial, industrial, construction and demolition waste management.
Individuals operating in these waste management specialisation roles apply solutions to a defined range of predictable and unpredictable problems and provide leadership and guidance to others.
The following requirements need to be met prior to acceptance into this program:
- LLN requirements – students will undertake a brief LLN test to ensure they have the capacity to learn their trade and complete all course requirements including assessments.
- Valid USI number
To achieve this qualification, competency must be demonstrated in 12 units of competency consisting of:
- CPPWMT4001 Develop proposals for waste management services
- CPPWMT3003 Identify and respond to hazards and emergencies in waste management
- BSBWHS307 Apply knowledge of WHS laws in the workplace
- CPPWMT3002 Conduct waste resource recovery
- BSBLDR412 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- BSBLDR413 Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- CPPWMT4002 Develop waste management plans
- CPPCMN4003 Establish, develop and monitor teams
- CPPWMT4007 Organise and monitor waste management operations
- CPPWMT4009 Conduct waste audits
- CPPWMT4010 Assess and advise on waste avoidance options
Students who receive a COMPETENT outcome for each unit within this program will be entitled to receive CPP40919 Certificate IV in Waste Management issued by Academy Green Learning.
Successful completion of CPP40919 Certificate IV in Waste Management may lead to careers in the following job roles:
- Waste Management Services Manager
- Recycling Plant Supervisor
- Waste Management Education Manager
- Sustainability Marketing Officer (Waste Management)
- Student must be employed under a traineeship under a Training Contract.
- Access to a waste management facility with industry equipment and resources.
- To be eligible for funding, the student must be a New Entrant trainee (within 3 months). To be eligible for funding, the trainee must be:
- Aged 15 years or older
- no longer at school
- living or working in NSW
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
This is a 12 month program
Mode(s) of delivery
This course can be available via:
- Blended delivery
You may be assessed by any combination of the following:
- Written questions
- Practical demonstration
- Projects and assignments
- Role plays
- Case studies
- Research activities
- Portfolio of evidence
- Third party report
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
The current student fee for this course under a traineeship is $0.
For existing worker traineeships, these are not funded. For existing worker trainees or fee-for-service students, the fee will be dependent on delivery mode and other factors.
Refer to our Fees and Refunds Policy.Enquire Now