Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
Program - BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
This qualification reflects the role of individuals working as developing and emerging leaders and managers in a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
As well as assuming responsibility for their own performance, individuals at this level are likely to provide leadership, guidance and support to others. They may also have some responsibility for organising and monitoring the output of teams.
They apply solutions to a defined range of predictable and unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources.
The following requirements need to be met prior to acceptance into this program:
- LLN requirements – students will undertake a brief LLN test to ensure they have the capacity to learn their trade and complete all course requirements including assessments.
- Valid USI number
To achieve this qualification, competency must be demonstrated in 12 units of competency consisting of:
- BSBWHS411 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
- BSBLDR412 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- BSBLDR413 Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBXCM401 Apply communication strategies in the workplace
- BSBLDR411 Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
- BSBXTW401 Lead and facilitate a team
- BSBLDR414 Lead team effectiveness
- BSBSUS411 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBOPS403 Apply business risk management processes
- BSBOPS404 Implement customer service strategies
- BSBPEF402 Develop personal work priorities
- BSBOPS402 Coordinate business operational plans
Students who receive a COMPETENT outcome for each unit within this program will be entitled to receive BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management issued by Academy Green Learning.
Successful completion of BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management may lead to careers in the following job roles:
- Team leader
- Team Manager
- Student must be employed under a traineeship under a Training Contract.
- Access to a workplace where administrative tasks are routine with industry equipment and resources.
- To be eligible for funding, the student must be a New Entrant trainee (within 3 months). To be eligible for funding, the trainee must be:
- Aged 15 years or older
- no longer at school
- living or working in NSW
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
This is a 12 month program
Mode(s) of delivery
This course can be available via:
- Blended delivery
You may be assessed by any combination of the following:
- Written questions
- Practical demonstration
- Projects and assignments
- Role plays
- Case studies
- Research activities
- Portfolio of evidence
- Third party report
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
The current student fee for this course under a traineeship is $0.
For existing worker traineeships, these are not funded. For existing worker trainees or fee-for-service students, the fee will be dependent on delivery mode and other factors.
Refer to our Fees and Refunds Policy.