Academy Green Learning will use a combination of our own services and the services of referral agencies to either provide or refer you to the following support services:
• Language, Literacy and Numeracy Support
• Studying and Learning Coaching
• English as Second Language Tuition
• Alternative Payment Plan
• Counselling Support
• Disability Access
• Employment Services Referral
If you need support during your course, please approach and inform reception and you will be connected with the best person who can assist you. If the matter is sensitive and you do not feel comfortable discussing it with reception, simply inform reception that you would like to meet with the Office Manager. It is our absolute priority to provide you the support needed to enable you to progress in your study and complete your chosen course. Academy Green Learning is committed to our student’s welfare both during and after hours of study.
Language, literacy and numeracy skills are critical to almost all areas of work.
This is particularly true in many vocations where language, literacy and numeracy skills influence the performance of workplace tasks such as measuring, weighing and comprehending written work instructions.
To support this approach Academy Green Learning will:
• Assess a learner’s language, literacy and numeracy skills during their enrolment to ensure they have adequate skills to complete the training
• Support learners during their study with training and assessment materials and strategies that are easily understood and suitable to the level of the workplace skills being delivered;
• Provide clear information to learners about the details of the language, literacy and numeracy assistance available.
• Refer learners to external language, literacy and numeracy support services that are beyond the support available within Academy Green Learning and where this level of support is assessed as necessary; and
• Negotiate an extension of time to complete training programs if necessary.
Academy Green Learning is committed to providing a fair and transparent complaints and appeals process that includes access to an independent external body if required.
Before making a complaint or lodging an appeal please read our complaints procedure so that you have a clear understanding of the process.
• Complaints and Appeals Procedure Guide - download pdf
To make a complaint or an appeal, you are requested to complete and submit one of the following forms:
• Complaint Form - download pdf
• Request for Appeal of a Decision Form - download pdf
Once you have completed the required form you are requested to submit this to the Operation Training Manager either in hard copy or electronically via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are having any difficulty accessing the required form or submitting to us, please contact us on 02 8325 0177
During your enrolment, Academy Green Learning will deliberately engage with you on a number of occasions. We do this through requesting you to complete enrolment documentation, discussions over the phone, enrolment interview and finally during your orientation.
One of the important objectives of these engagements is to understand what support services you may need to fully participate in your study.
You will be asked various questions about your support needs or your “individual needs”. This is simply the term we use to define what your needs are and this enables us to organise the appropriate support services. Make sure you take the most of this opportunity and let us know if you need support.
To access the Student Handbook, click the following:
• Student Handbook - download pdf
Academy Green Learning is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Code: 6187) and operates in accordance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015. Academy Green Learning charge fees for services provided to students undertaking a course of study. These fees are for items such as course materials, administrative support, student services and training and assessment services.
When and How do I Pay?
Fees are payable when you receive your confirmation of enrolment and invoice for the enrolment fee. Fees must be paid in full within 5 days of receiving this notification from Academy Green Learning. We may cancel an enrolment or discontinue training if fees are not paid as required. Payments can be made via direct deposit only.
Cooling Off Period
If you give notice to cancel your enrolment 10 business days or more prior to the commencement of a program you will be entitled to a full (100%) refund of your fees paid.
Obtaining a USI