Certificate III in Waste Management
Program - CPP30719 Certificate III in Waste Management
This qualification is for those engaged in waste management who undertake waste collection and processing across a range of government and private sectors involved in municipal, solid, commercial, industrial, construction and demolition waste management.
Job roles and titles vary across the waste management industry and fall within two key areas of activity:
- collection: waste collection and transfer
- processing: waste treatment, disposal, remediation and resource recovery.
Individuals with this qualification perform tasks in varied contexts, which involve known routines, methods and procedures, and judgement in recognising waste types and managing hazards.
The following requirements need to be met prior to acceptance into this program:
- LLN requirements – students will undertake a brief LLN test to ensure they have the capacity to learn their trade and complete all course requirements including assessments.
- Valid USI number
Program Structure To achieve this qualification, competency must be demonstrated in 12 units of competency consisting of:
- TLID1001 Shift materials safely using manual handling methods
- TLIF1001 Follow work health and safety procedures
- TLIF2010 Apply fatigue management strategies
- BSBOPS304 Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- CPPWMT3001 Identify and segregate waste
- CPPWMT3005 Maintain storage area for waste management equipment and consumables
- CPPWMT3002 Conduct waste resource recovery
- CPPWMT3008 Store and monitor contained waste
- CPPWMT3003 Identify and respond to hazards and emergencies in waste management
- CPPWMT3007 Process waste using plant
- CPPWMT3010 Maintain waste landfill sites
- CPPWMT3011 Conduct waste assessments
Students who receive a COMPETENT outcome for each unit within this program will be entitled to receive CPP30719 Certificate III in Waste Management issued by Academy Green Learning.
Successful completion of CPP30719 Certificate III in Waste Management may lead to careers in the following job roles:
- Waste Management Leading Hand
- Waste Management Advisor
- Heavy Vehicle Driver (Waste Management)
- Waste Management Education Manager
- Resource Recovery Officer
- Student must be employed under a traineeship under a Training Contract.
- Access to a waste management facility with industry equipment and resources.
- To be eligible for funding, the student must be a New Entrant trainee (within 3 months). To be eligible for funding, the trainee must be:
- Aged 15 years or older
- no longer at school
- living or working in NSW
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
This is a 12 month program
Mode(s) of delivery
This course can be available via:
- Blended delivery
You may be assessed by any combination of the following:
- Written questions
- Practical demonstration
- Projects and assignments
- Role plays
- Case studies
- Research activities
- Portfolio of evidence
- Third party report
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
The current student fee for this course under a traineeship is $0.
For existing worker traineeships, these are not funded. For existing worker trainees or fee-for-service students, the fee will be dependent on delivery mode and other factors.
Refer to our Fees and Refunds Policy.